True Confessions of a TpT Teacher-Author - Literary Sherri


I'm super excited to be sharing Literary Sherri's true confessions with you.  I have a feeling you're going to love her!  

Let's get the confessions started...






I started my TpT store...
at the tail-end of 2012, although I didn't really know what I was doing until halfway through 2013!  

I named my store Literary Sherri because...
I'm passionate about all things literacy-related, especially inspiring students to fall in love with reading!


My store is filled with...
print-and-go resources for Middle School ELA teachers, as well as a number of classroom management resources that work well for all teachers in grades 6-12!

My favorite part about creating resources is...
imagining the time it will save other teachers - time they can spend enjoying their students on school days and their families in the evenings and on weekends.

In terms of TpT, I'll never forget when...
when I started getting meaningful feedback from buyers.  It still makes my heart jump for joy every time buyers share how one of my resources is helping them or their students!




Where in the world do you live now?  Have you ever lived anywhere else?  If so, where?
I currently live in beautiful Western, New York, and I absolutely love it - it's one of the most beautiful places on this globe!  I've also lived in Southern California, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and colorful Colorado!

Breathtaking Upstate New York!

After someone meets you, what do you hope they say about you once you leave the room?
"That's one of the kindest and most thoughtful people I've ever met."

If you had a day completely free of obligations, what would you do?
Take a day trip to some place fun and funky, like the Jello Museum, or to a place with a bit of historical significance, such as the Harriet Tubman house.  Read a book just because I'm interested in it.  Meet friends for a delicious dinner and a good after-dinner cocktail!

Describe the worst haircut or outfit of your life.
The time I asked for chin-length hair, layered and stacked in the back and I walked away with 1"-2" tufts of hair sticking out all over my head.  Think Tootles in Hook, who is looking for his marbles.  There's a couple of photos floating around, but you'll never catch me sharing them!

If you had to enter a talent contest, what talent would you showcase?
Of the two things I can do expertly - parallel park and make spaghetti sauce - I'd be more likely to enter my spaghetti-sauce-making-skills in a talent contest.  What judge could resist the aroma of that garlicky-oniony-tomatoey goodness filling the room?!?

Name two things on your bucket list.
1. See the aurora borealis from somewhere in Alaska (or Greenland...or Iceland)!
2.  Enjoy a leisurely, off-the-beaten-path tour of Western Europe

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Betty White I want to be the kind of person others want to spend time with...the kind of person who other walk away from saying, "I feel so inspired, so joyful, and so energetic every time I chat with her!"


Most Popular
The Outsiders - Unit Plan

Most Awesome Freebie
FREE!

Most Likely to Save a Teacher's Day
Tools for Positive Behavior Management


Best Couple - Brain Waves Instruction Product + Literary Sherri Product
Literacy Strategies + Reading Comprehension Skills Bundle

See?  Isn't she great?  I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about Literary Sherri, now get out of here and check out her shop.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Brain Waves Instruction (I can't find your actual name in my quick skimming of your stuff ;-) ) Literary Sherri is great! This was fun to learn more about her. I got to your blog from the "Story Behind Your Logo" Linky. Sherri, the idea of that haircut takes my breath away. Thankfully hair grows back. :-) - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, my hair is 18" long now . . . that haircut is probably why! I'm going short again in the near future and I'm VERY nervous! I have serious trust issues with hair dressers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun read Mary Beth and Sherri! Reminds me that when talented people like you two help us to pull together they can surpass the wonder even of aurora borealis. Many a time I saw it from Northern villages on Baffin Island - across from Greenland. May it and much more be yours in 2015! Best, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...